Monday, February 20, 2012

Meal Plan Monday

I just discovered Jericho on Netflix.  Love that series!  I'm watching it while Norah naps and Jolene and Danny are on a Daddy daughter date at IKEA for the free breakfast this weekend.  Gotta love that!  I'm trying to get my planning stuff done while they're out too.
So, meal planning is up first.  I read an interesting blog the other day.  The writer just rotated snacks and breakfast and lunch was just leftovers and sandwiches and she only planned dinners and she made two weeks of plans and then just rotated them back in so that she was only meal planning once a month and they would have the same dinner twice a month, which helps to reduce waste and overstocking refrigerators by cutting down on the minor ingredients that are needed to be kept when you only need a bit of something.  It also streamlines purchasing and you can plan around sales and you're only buying a fraction more to double the meals and I'm really excited to give it a try for next month.  I've already done my purchasing for this month.  I'm also trying to cut down on our meat based meals.  It's getting so expensive and there are great alternatives and it gets the family eating more vegetables.  But I'm happy to streamline  my life a little bit more each week and make life go smoother along the way.  So, here's my meal plan for the week.

Monday: Butternut Squash Soup & fresh baked bread

Tuesday: Bean Enchiladas

Wednesday: Mac & Cheese

Thursday: Chicken Stir Fry

Friday: Frittatta

Saturday: Corned Beef & Cabbage

Sunday: Chickpea Salad

And that's all for me for today.  Norah's been trying to type with me so I think that's all I can really get to without a slew of typos anyhow.  Tootles

No comments:

Post a Comment