Monday, January 17, 2011

So many changes

So with baby number two on the way Danny and I have decided to hang out here in CT for another school year.  Moving with me 6-7 months pregnant is just not something that we've been able to figure out how to be comfortable with.  We got our due date finally figured out, August 20th.
This pregnancy has not been going so smoothly as our last.  I had nearly no symptoms last time around.  This time, I'm horribly tired most of the time.  I've got a bit more nausea too and this horrible metallic taste in my mouth that I just can't seem to shake.  I made some slow-cooker kielbasa and sauerkraut for dinner so I have temporarily gotten that horrible taste of pennies out of my mouth.
I had a feeling that it'd be too good to be true if this pregnancy went as smoothly as the last.  I've just been so out of it.  I haven't been cooking as much or cleaning as much, our house is pretty much in a permanent state of disarray at this point.  I occasionally get a wind long enough to get a little something done but I have pretty much resigned myself to just trying to hold out until that 12 week mark and pray that I get a nice second trimester wind.
I am really excited for this baby though.  I don't have much to buy this time around.  I'm considering a glider but we don't really need one, our poang really has a lovely soft bounce to it and is great for nursing.  I have been trying to figure out what it is that I could possibly use but I can't for the life of me think of much.  I know something will come up last minute and I just know that it'll be right when I least expect it.  I always think of things last minute.  I swear sometimes my brain doesn't function unless it's under that last minute pressure(great for paper writing, not so great for real life when trying to planning ahead).
Well, my little wind of writing energy appears to be dwindling.  I'm gonna say tootles.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment