Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sickness is no fun

Hope everyone had a lovely holiday.  I know, I did... until I got sick that is.  I've been sick for about the past week.  Ugh.  And of course digestional problems coupled with first trimester nausea made my life super fun.  Danny took such good care of me.  He cooked and let me sleep which was great because the nausea got worse when I was hungry.  And I just couldn't stand long enough to make anything.
I'm finally feeling better. I went back to work today and even walked home.  Yay me!  I'm making yummy food for dinner.  Mexican again (big shock face).  I craved mexican food and Taco Bell (I specify because I don't categorize Taco Bell as real Mexican food) during my pregnancy with Joey too.  I love it anyway so it's good all around.  I just wish DSS hadn't cut my food stamps in half, I'd love to have fresh veggies for my burritos.  That reminds me, I need to call them and get that sorted out.  Boo to red-tape!
Joey has started singing the ABC song.  She started singing it the other night.  We've been working on it for a while but she'd only really ever listen before  and now she's got it.  I'm so proud of my little one.  She's also been hugging my tummy and saying hello to her sister (she's convinced that it's a girl and her mind can not be changed).  I kind of feel bad, if it turns out to be a boy, she's going to be shocked and possibly upset.  I try to tell her that it might be a boy too and she's just insistent that it's going to be a girl.  It doesn't help that Danny says he wants a girl too but he's always said that he'd rather have daughters than sons.  I try to tell Joey that only Jesus knows what this baby is going to be, but she's sure that she's going to have a sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment