Sunday, March 20, 2011

Baby Kicks

I love teeny, tiny baby kicks.  They make me smile.  Right now they're at that fun stage where they're just a nifty little secret between the little one and I.  We find out in a few weeks whether were having a boy or a girl.  Joey told us the other day while Danny and I were discussing baby names that if we have a girl baby, we should name her Mary Poppins.  It's her favorite new movie, which just tickles me because I love it too.   Now, I just need to get her hooked on The Sound of Music and we'll be all set.  I've been a very sappy mommy lately.  But I can't help it when I tell Joey that she's my little snuggle bunny and she goes, "no mommy, you're MY snuggle bunny!"  What's an emotional pregnant lady to do? It just washes away all the temper tantrums and kicking fits of the day and just leaves me so happy to be her mommy.
The other day, I got one of my monthly baby updates: What's your 31 month old up to?  I was floored. They tell me that she should be stringing together 2-3 word sentences and following 2 step instructions by now.  So, I sat there and thought about that a bit.  Just a few days prior, told me a story (presumably a dream she had) using a sentence with two prepositional phrases in it.  Now as I sat there thinking about this, I got this overwhelming sense of 'what on earth am I going to do with this kid?'
Where do I begin? because she's memorizing her books left and right and we've started home-school for her to prepare her for Pre-School in the fall.  She's breezing through all of it.  Still a little slow on hand eye coordination in regards to tracing but how do I keep ahead? I'm totally stumped.  I know that I was always bored in school and in private school, they'd often give me extra work to do just to keep me busy but how do I do that with her?  I know that she's not likely to get that kind of attention in Public School just as a sheer matter of numbers.  And if I have to work, I can't home-school like I'd like to.  Oh, I'm overwhelmed.
Then to top all that off, Joey's had a cough for a while and children's tylenol hasn't been doing any good.  Tonight I tried a little vicks on her feet under her jammies and a spoonful of honey a few times today.  She likes the honey, but I don't know if it's doing any good.  I'd like to try some more homeopathic stuff but I can't think of anything at the moment.  And of course this just leads to me being more anxious.
Ugh, maybe I'm just being oversensitive, I am seriously hormonal at the moment.  I welcome any and all suggestions.  My brain seems to be on overload.  AHHHHH.

No comments:

Post a Comment