Saturday, March 26, 2011

Figuring things out

So as Danny and I were heading down to the Norwalk Children's Museum today (pics to come soon), I kept seeing all the lovely houses down in that area and I made me long to be studying architecture again.  I seem to keep coming back to it.  It's the only thing that maintains my interest long enough for me to think that it would be a viable career option.  But I still hit the snag of not wanting to work in someone else's firm drawing their designs for 40 years.  But I had the thought today, I could teach it.  I could go back to school, finish my degree and go for my Master's and then teach it in college.
I know that I don't have the patience to teach oodles of little kids, and I can't stand high school kids, I couldn't even stand high school kids when I was in high school.  But I do enjoy breaking things down into manageable chunks.  I think I may have finally figured out what to do with myself.  Now, to just figure out how to make it all happen in Colorado, with two kids, after a cross country move.  We shall see.  But I am more hopeful than I've been in a while about the whole subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment