Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Weird Funk-be-gone

So I've been in a really weird funk for the past few days.  Since giving up television and farmville for Lent, I've been having a rough go of things.  But today I think I figured out why.  I lo of watching tv or playing online games, I've been reading.  But I've only been reading books that upset me quite wholly.  I've been reading books about the FLDS church and some of the stories of girls and boys who have escaped it's grasp.  Granted, they are totally interesting but I become engulfed in stories about incest and rape and child abuse on many levels and without the mindless cheery television to span between reading sessions, it's affecting my spirit.
So even though the weather has been lovely and we've been enjoying more time as a family, I've been struggling with a small battle of depression.  And, I've been so engulfed by my books that I failed to realize what had caused it until now.  Today I forwent my usual afternoon nap reading session for a lovely movie that as unlikely as it may seem has lifted my spirits in it's Good triumphs over evil way.  
So, I'm finally feeling a bit better and now I suppose that I should go get cracking on making dinner and get a shower before care group tonight.  I know the rest of the group will appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment