Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The rain

Usually the rain makes me feel like curling up in a ball and reading a good book.  But today, it feels cleansing and refreshing.  Joey woke up early this morning, it seems she has a little cold.  But she came into bed with Danny and I and fell back asleep and then slept late.  I actually had to wake her up after a bit to ensure a nap later.  I'm feeling uber-productive.  I've already done dishes, made breakfast, started making yogurt, did Joey's hair and did her school for the day.  Today we worked on tracing lines and the Alphabet and matching, we also have some Sesame Street You Tubes that we watch at least a few times a week to teach her things like counting and rhythm and things that we did.  I've got way more on my agenda for the day but I can do it.
Last night at Care Group(what our church calls Bible Study) I got some really good prayer and it just pushed every last bit of that depression out of me and I left feeling really encouraged and ready do keep doing what I feel like God has been calling me to do to prepare to move out to Colorado.
So, the rest of my list for the day is as follows:
*Finish the yogurt
*Make Irish Soda bread
*Do two loads of laundry
*Take out the trash (I cleaned out a closet a few days ago and have yet to take the trash from that closet down our three flights)
*Try and search for my maternity pants from two+ years ago
*Make a plan for turning Joey's favorite bed-time story into a children's book
*Try to remember to do my daily Lenten devotional during nap-time

I can do it.  I know I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment