Thursday, March 31, 2011

Rainy Productive Day

Danny's napping and Joey and I are waiting for the IKEA delivery men to bring her new big girl bed and my new dresser.  It's been a really productive day.
I went to work while Danny took Joey to Barnes & Noble for story time.  They came back and picked me up and Danny jaunted off to school for some advising for his new semester and to get some schoolwork done.  He finished up at the school early and was feeling productive so he ventured to IKEA alone to pick out Joey's big girl bed & accessories and our new dresser.  Joey and I cleaned up the apartment while he was away.  I made lunch and dinner according to my meal plan (that I made up yesterday, I've been slacking lately).
Danny came home and we started making space for Joey's bed and now he's off napping while I wait for the delivery men.  I'm hoping they'll be nice to the pregnant lady and bring everything all the way up.  Last delivery guys came when only Danny was home and they took one look at the stairs and told Danny he was on his own.  Joey was only maybe 9 months old at the time which made that game super fun for Danny.  I'm hoping they'll take pity on me and my inability to lift any of it (which is why we opted for delivery instead of renting a van in the first place).  Then I get the fun of putting it all together tonight.  I'm rather impatient and I'm confident that I won't be able to wait until tomorrow to put it all together.  I've got all my tools ready and raring to go.  If only I could find my hammer (just in case).  Sometimes those pegs just don't want to go in right away.  But I've got my multi-screwdriver and my allen wrench set.
I love building stuff.  If only I still had the back strength for carpentry work. *sigh* I'll post pictures as soon as I get things in order.  I may be able to build my new toys tonight but I doubt that I'll get the tornado that will no doubt ensue cleaned up by tonight too.
I'm just so excited to have things all organized by the time baby comes.  I've got a dresser for my two little ones to share, an extra dresser for he newest little in our closet for those mid-night changes while we're still using the co-sleeper in our room.  I'll soon have a dresser for Danny and I that will fit our things and not be held together by duct tape.  (WooHoo!) And we're getting a nice twin low loft bed for Joey, and it can be used as a bunk bed if we have another girl (we find out on Tuesday).  Then all I have to do is find everything it's place and fine tune all the minor details and we'll be all set.  Sure we'll need a highchair at some point but I know my mom has one in storage somewhere and there are other things that I need but nothing major.
I'm still trying to find a love seat that will fit up our stairs via craigslist.org, but I'm not having much luck. *sigh again* I don't know what we'll do when people want to come over and meet new baby. I have spent the past month trolling Craigslist trying to find a nice double stroller for cheap but I don't think I want to go out and buy one full price with Joey as big as she is.  I just can't justify it, we've got two strollers and a couple of baby wraps and I think that's plenty.  I've been stalking Craigslist to be honest, I've been trying to find all the things that I've been wanting to buy anyway, used for cheaper but to no avail and now I'm getting to the point where if I don't get it done soon, I won't have enough time to get the rest of things ready.  I still want to make the newest little a baby blanket of his/her own. And I need to start finding clothes if we find out we're having a boy. Wow, ok I'm gong to stop rambling now before I totally overwhelm myself with my to do list.
So, anyway having a really productive week and especially a productive day. Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment