Monday, February 14, 2011

Back on track

I'm finally feeling better finally.  I've figured out what's been making my so lethargic.  I've been way low on my calcium intake.  So I've been more diligent and I've been feeling tons better.  I still get a little nauseous on car rides but I hopefully only have a couple more weeks of that.  But I'm getting back to my usual routine.  Danny was having to do a whole lot of cooking but I'm happy to be back to meal planning and other fun stuff.

I've been getting back to planning for baby and how we're going to fit another person in our little place.  Danny and I have a plan and we're working on getting things in order.  We may have to wait until Danny's out of school for any real hardcore moving of furniture and I may have to enlist the help of some more able bodied folks.  My goal is to pick one day and get it all done at once.  I picked out all the stuff that we need for the place to maximize space (IKEA has mostly everything that I need).  But now I'm on a mission to find everything used and cheaper on Craigslist.

Danny and Joey made me lovely hand-made Valentines for me before I woke up this morning so, while Danny's off at school Joey and I made one for him too!  I have been meaning to show Joey how to use her new safety scissors and I finally got around to letting her try.  She's not bad for a beginner.  She keeps her fingers in the right places but she hasn't quite figured out how to open the scissors without using both hands.

Joey's going through a growth spurt for sure.  She's been eating non-stop for the past few weeks and she's almost nearly outgrown all of her new things that she got for Christmas.  But Saver's has been out miracle store.  Last time we were there we got three books and one outfit for Joey, and some clothes for Danny for $4.22.  I still haven't been able to find anything that I like there but I'm pretty hard to fit and I'd rather make things for myself.  I got a lot of compliments on my black wrap dress that I made for myself at the church Valentine's dinner.

I'm trying to work my way through most of my fabric and get it out of the closet.  I'm about halfway done with Joey's rag rug and then I want to make one for our bedroom.  Danny's also asked that I make him a new pair of Pajama pants for around the house wearing.  I may even try to make him a couple of pairs.  They'll be patchwork most likely just to use up what I already have so that I don't have to go out and buy fabric.  I'm also considering making a new diaper bag but who knows what on my list I'll actually get to.  Especially since I also am anticipating getting nesting urges to make afgans and quilts and other fun things like that for baby numero dos.

No comments:

Post a Comment