Sunday, April 3, 2011

Early Mornings

Looks like I'll be having some caffeine in a few hours to stay awake at church.  Ugh.  This little one has decided to wake me up nearly every night this week around 3 or 4 in the morning.  I hope this isn't a pattern that continues after he or she is born.  I may have to relearn to caffeinate regularly if that is the case.  It is a nice quiet time though.  The birdies are chirping outside just a bit and the only sound from inside is the click-ity-clack of the keys as I type.
In two days we find out if we're having a girl or a boy, should the baby prove cooperative.  I find myself wondering if this little one will be a thumb sucker in-uetero like his/her big sister.  Every ultra-sound picture we have of Joey, her thumb is in her mouth.  Ahh, good times!
I spent a good 5 hours putting together Joey's big girl bed yesterday and Joey loves the thing. That makes me so happy.  She helped my organize her things underneath the low loft after her nap.  It's such a nice little nook for her.  She can't quite climb up or down the ladder yet but that's OK since, she won't try without me there to watch/help her.  It just makes nap time that much easier, she has to either lay there and sleep or not sleep but she can't just wander out on her own.
Now, I just have to get her new dresser (my old dresser) organized with all her things and re-adjust the height of the crib for new baby and we'll be ready to set up for this little one.  I just keep having to remind myself to take things one step at a time.
There's just so much to do.  I also, have to keep reminding myself to let Danny handle the planning.  I keep trying to plan and do all the stuff and it's just too much.  I'm such a control freak.  Danny's here trying to plan and help take stuff off my plate and I keep cutting him off at the pass.  I need to learn to let go a little bit.  I can allow myself to handle the doing of stuff and let him handle the planning.  He's a better idea person anyway.  I'm better at the getting a plan moving.  I know this, logically, in my head but I can't seem to get the thoughts through to my actions.  How do I get that part to work?

No comments:

Post a Comment