Thursday, April 14, 2011

Meal Planning and To Do list

So, I've been slacking on my meal planning, I really need to stay on top of this.  I have been more diligent on creating checklists to keep myself on task though.  I'm starting to get ideas for some frozen meals for when baby comes.  So much to do.
I've been trying to figure out organizational things for the apartment. Today I ordered some drawer organizers.  I figured that I'm just not going to find the time or tools to make them myself.  I've also been peeking at car organizers at Target but I'm pretty sure that I could make one myself for way cheaper.  It's essentially just a apron with a bunch of pockets in different sizes and elastic or velcro closures.  I have all that I need already to make something like that.  The only thing that I think I will surely need to purchase is the soft, leek-proof trash container for the car.  I haven't figured out how to make one leek-proof myself yet.  :-/
I finished up the sketching of my painting that I'm working on last night.  I'm hoping to get started on the painting sometime this week but I don't know when I'll find the time.  I think it might be better to get started on the car organizer today since I can clean up the fabric and stuff easier than I can the paint.
So, my to do list for the day: start a project (just one), do dishes, make a meal plan, do two loads of laundry, vacuum, a nap.  Not a long list but my brother's also coming over later to hang out a bit so a short list is better I think.

Meal Plan:

Thursday
breakfast: cereal and bananas
lunch: leftovers
dinner: frozen pizza

Friday
breakfast: eggs & oranges
lunch: sam's club combo
dinner: chicken stir-fry

Saturday
breakfast: fruit pancakes
lunch: mac & cheese & peas
dinner: hotdogs & baked beans

Sunday
breakfast: eggs & yogurt w/ berries
lunch: cheese ravioli & baby carrots
dinner: grilled cheese & tomato soup

Monday
breakfast: leftover pancakes
lunch: leftovers
dinner: chicken tikka masala & rice noodles

Tuesday
breakfast: eggs & oranges
lunch: egg salad sandwiches/ pb&j & celery sticks
dinner: cheese tortellini & sauce

Wedensday
breakfast: cereal & bananas
lunch: leftovers
dinner: balsamic glazed chicken & potato salad

No comments:

Post a Comment