Monday, April 25, 2011

Boo, no sewing! SO, on to baking!

So, Joey's up from her nap and my sewing machine's out for delivery but not here yet.  I've gotten the living room cleaned up(Joey helped).  I got Joey's room a bit more organized.  I finished one load of dishes and my second load is going now.  I finished my meal plan for the week in my post earlier today (BONUS: all my menu items use things in my pantry and require no further shopping until Friday). 
I still need to change the sheets on our bed and in turn make the bed and take out the trash but I figured I'd hold off until my sewing machine got here and I'd take out all the trash at once.  I also waited until after Danny came home from class to change the sheets and make the bed since he tends to snack/nap in there on Monday afternoons while things are fresh in his head from class. 
So, now my morning activities are done(Yay Me!).  I've planned my afternoon quite loosely since I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with Joey when she woke up be we decided to bake cookies for Care Group tonight.  Joey's been really into helping me cook & bake lately, which is super fun for me.  I love having her help count out measurements and learn what's in things.  This morning she decided that our oatmeal pancakes needed some apple in them, so we added some grated apple and she got to eat the apple nubs. 
I think she eats more knowing that she had a hand in creating her meals.  She also helps pick what fruits go into her yogurt blends, and her yogurt popsicles that we make.  She loves to watch the berries and things ooze into purees in the top of the baby food grinder.  Yep, she's nearly 3 and I'm still using the thing.  It's the same baby food grinder that my mom bought when I was little, way back in the early 80's.  Who needs modern gadgets when the older ones are way cooler anyhow.  I may need to get a new 'O'-ring for it soon though since it'll be getting double use once our newest little is ready for real food.  I've already put some little 4oz. mason jars on my wish-list for the canning season.
The only modern gadget I'm still lusting after is a Kitchen Aid mixer.  *drool*  I can't seem to kick that one, even though I know I don't need one. 
I'd like an ice cream maker too but I deem that want rational since it would save us money and I don't really care as much about it. 
Ok, enough from me, that cookie dough should have softened enough to handle by now.  I had made a really big batch of cookie dough a while back and I froze what I couldn't make right away.  I've had it in the fridge to thaw for a few days now but it was still a little hard so I left it out on top of the running dish washer and I'm hoping it's soft enough to scoop by now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment