Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Monday

Alrighty, the Holiday is over and it was lovely!  I love Easter.  Such a wonderful time.
The fasting of Lent always leaves me feeling refreshed, once it's all over.  Danny and I still haven't plugged the cable in yet and  I think we're going to see what we can do about leaving it that way.  At least during the day.
Joey's been much more well behaved without it.  Plus now she can't just turn it on when we're not looking and she actually has to do her chores to get a reward of a movie.  And to be honest, movies are much better for us as a household.  First off, no commercials.  Secondly, they're not nearly as annoying as some of the shows. Thirdly, we try to keep educational or at least musical movies around (she and I just adore musicals).  Lastly, it's helpful to be able to put on something with a definite end point and that holds her attention for most of the time.
We're watching the WIZARD OF OZ right now.  Joey requested it.
I still need to get the Sound of Music on DVD, I love that one.  It's on my list but I just haven't gotten to the 'wants' section of my list, I got a bit of the way through our 'needs' list and then we ran out of money.  Our tax refund didn't go as far as we'd hoped this year.  Danny is going to try and find work once the semester is over, 3 weeks and counting.
So, I've made some progress on our to do list for the day.  Danny did some laundry while he was up late last night which was a huge help!  I made oatmeal apple pancakes for breakfast.  I organized some of the remaining laundry.  I still have a bit left to go.  I need to change the sheets, I need to make up the meal plan for the week, I am hoping my sewing machine shows up in time for me to do something during Joey's nap, I need to make dinner, I need to clean the living room, and I am hosting care group tonight while Danny's off doing school work.

So, first thing's first,  MEAL PLAN:

Monday
breakfast: apple oatmeal pancakes
lunch: leftovers
dinner: mac & cheese & peas

Tuesday
breakfast: oatmeal & oranges
lunch: pb&j and milk
dinner: chicken tikka masala & rice noodles

Wednesday
breakfast: cereal & berries
lunch: ramen & beets
dinner: chicken nuggets & mashed potatoes

Thursday
breakfast: leftover pancakes
lunch: egg salad sandwiches & apples
dinner: pasta/asperagus/tomatoes/capers

Friday
breakfast: oatmeal & raisins
lunch: Sam's Club combo
dinner: grilled cheese & tomato soup

Saturday
breakfast: cereal & oranges
lunch: nutella sandwiches & veggie sticks
dinner: roast chicken & sweet potatoes

Sunday
breakfast: leftover frozen pancakes
lunch: snacks at church and pb&j
dinner:  leftover chicken & potato salad

No comments:

Post a Comment