Monday, May 2, 2011

Frustrated Monday

So, this week is not off to a great start but I'm hoping it will get better soon. (Please God, let it get better soon!)  Yesterday, I couldn't file my regular Unemployment claim, sometimes it happens so, I just figured I'd call today.  Then our power was disconnected this morning.  (We have quite the back balance with the electric company.)  I'd been expecting to have to deal with it sooner or later I suppose.  So, I get that turned back on but only after giving them 2/3 of the money that we have in our bank account, which was 2/3 of our allocated rent money.  WHEEEEE!!!
I signed up for financial hardship with them (again).  Let's hope I can keep them from turning it off next month too.  I had been trying to apply for Energy Assistance with the state but their office isn't open without an appointment and I'd been calling every month since August to get an appointment or even just the paperwork that I needed to file with them.  They kept blowing me off, telling me to call back in this month or that month, I kept calling.  They finally send me the paperwork, I got it FOUR DAYS AFTER IT WAS DUE.
I don't know if I should blame them or our horrible postal delivery person who has lost many a package due us and now no longer dares deliver packages at all, we just have to go pick them up.  And if there's no tracking information, we don't even know they're here since she won't even leave those lovely little slips that they're supposed to leave. 
Then I get my brain back and call unemployment to deal with my other headache for the day.  I stayed on hold for a good half hour.  Th woman was very helpful.  She got my account set up again but then forgot to take my information to file my weekly claim. UGH!  Now, I'm hold for another potential half hour (or more if they decide to take lunch before taking my call).  I really hope that I can get this taken care of soon and then do something fun.

I need to make a to do list for the day but I already feel so emotionally drained.  I need to make a meal plan for the week but I don't have any food in the house and our food stamps don't come in until tomorrow but we don't have time to actually get to the store until Thursday.  I don't know what to do with myself.  I think I just need to zone out and watch a cheesy kids movie with Joey.  But, then I'd have to get her to clean up the living room to get the reward of a movie.
Head Smashing KeyBoard

No comments:

Post a Comment