Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Baby Quilt

I DID IT!!  I finished the quilt.  I started yesterday afternoon, after baking a cake (ahh, those pregnancy cravings).  And then, I kept truckin' away until 10:30 and got it DONE!  Yay!! So here's some pics of the quilt along the way.
my pieces and backing all cut out
my kitchen table complete with Mother's Day Flowers from the hubby
my first block
next step, lining up all the little blocks
all pinned to the backing and ready to quilt
all quilted now just to do the edging
   
DONE!  
Joey helped me pick out all the fabrics.  I tried to keep it in the same color family as Joey's baby quilt.  Joey's is pink and brown with hints of green so we went with pink and green with brown accents for Norah's quilt.  Norah's blanket also has some gold threading in two of the fabrics.  Joey liked them best because they were sparkly. 
Danny said he thinks that it's better than Joey's baby quilt.  I tend to agree.  I made Joey's quilt 3 years ago and I've since learned some things about quilting since then.  I also have a rockin' new machine to quilt with now. 
Now, Joey's asking me to make a blanket for her baby(her cabbage patch kid).  I think I'll make that one out of something else but I'm planning on using the scraps from Joey's quilt (yep, I still have some) and some of the scraps from Norah's quilt to make a cover for the changing table.  Something patchwork-y.  I think it'll be fun.  But that's a project for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment