Saturday, May 28, 2011

Things and things

So many things going on lately.  Where to begin.  I know I've been slacking lately in my blogging (sorry!), we had two computer's die on us in the past few weeks.  Ok, not die per se but make themselves unusable for the time being.  The laptop will no longer take a charge but otherwise works fine, we just can't get any juice in it too use it, Danny took it apart and fixed what he could but he thinks there's a small component in the power system that needs to be replaced.  Then our desktop got a virus (at least it waited until Danny finished his finals).  So now we are sans a computer with Word which means that one (preferably both of them) need(s) to be fixed before the fall semester begins.  It's honestly a good thing that Danny hadn't gotten around to cleaning out our old desktop otherwise I'd not be typing now.
So, now that Danny's through with finals we've begun planning how exactly our move to Colorado is going to work.  We'll either be moving in March or May of 2012.  That's what we've narrowed it down to. We probably won't finalize a date until Danny either finds work, or begins school again, whichever comes first.  If he's able to find a decent job to tide us over until March, we'd prefer to move sooner.  If he's not able to find work, then he'll go back to school in the fall and we'll wait until the end of the spring semester.
I had my oh so fun glucose test on Wednesday.  Lord knows that's always fun.  But for once, I got a phlebotomist that not only found my vein on the first try but managed it without me wincing.  Usually it takes a few tries before they're able to find a vein on me.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I also had a neurologist appointment on Thursday which took way longer than I thought it would.  But it turned out pretty good.  The doctor thinks I just have a really bad case of restless leg syndrome which he recommends that I take iron supplements and magnesium for (horray for the homeopathic!).  I'd so rather take vitamins than medication.  He also suggested something I find totally silly, putting a bar of Ivory brand soap in between my sheets at night while I sleep.  He said he doesn't get it either but enough people have said that it helps, that it's made it's way into the medical literature.  (WOW right?)
Danny sold our Saturn today! And boy oh boy did we need that, I'm still not sure if we'll be getting his SSI this month so it's nice to know where at least rent is coming from this month.  Yay for small blessings.  It's one less thing on my mind.  Danny's been working really hard at streamlining our household assets as well.  We're trying to get rid of all the things that we're not planning on taking with us to Colorado when we move.  So, I've gotten rid of clothes and we're going through books and selling off what we can and giving away what we can't.
Danny's even been trying to sell off some of his non-essential musical instruments and the things that go with them.  I'm so proud of him.  He's really trusting God to provide for us when we get out there and I know that it's really hard for a musician to part with his instruments and I'm just so proud of him.
Joey and I are almost finished with our third book in the little house series.  She's really been enjoying it. She calls the books Ma & Pa, which I think is just super cute!  Every time I say that I'm going to read some more, she asks if we can read all the pages, and I have to explain that we most likely won't get to all the pages since it's nearly time for bed.  But it's become a really great wind down routine before bed time & nap time.
Now, if only I could figure out how to keep my living room clean, but that's a project for another day.  Joey's making me a tea party while I'm making lunch so I should jet.  Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment