Friday, December 10, 2010

Wintery wonderful snacks...

Today I made took my second crack at homemade marshmallows.  I DID IT!  I actually made marshmallows.  I even made them in holiday shapes and saved the scraps to float in hot chocolate.  Which of course prompted me to make some yummy hot chocolate.  Joey's still working on getting those last yummy drops out of her big girl mug.  I love making things from scratch.  It's especially nice when my treats are met with such enthusiasm from the family.
My goal for tomorrow is to make some homemade frozen burritos.  I'm going to make some lunch/dinner style ones as well as some breakfast burritos.  I got the idea from a friends blog Twinkling Along.  I bought some large tortillas at Sam's today and I'm soaking some beans right now.  I'm going to blend some up with some queso dip for easy spreading.  I may even try to make some meatball pizza style burritos, just for some variety.  Today, I totally forgot to eat before jetting off to work, and I do it far too often.  I need to eat real food in the morning so I'm not raging with hunger when I get home.
I'm also working on knitting myself a new scarf for the season and I want to figure out how to knit gloves or mittens and slippers.  I've got some lovely thin yarns that will make great mittens for myself and Joey, I just have to figure it out.  It's the thumb hole that really baffles me but I just must figure it out.    I want so much to be able to make mittens and slippers for my little one.  I have some lovely vinyl that will make great bottoms for the slippers so she's not slipping and sliding all over the floor.  I also want to make a pair for my little sister but I need to get the figuring done first.
But Joey and I finished making ornaments for her to give as gifts to all the family.  I let her paint them herself and she had such a blast.  I think she might even still have a few bits of paint hanging out on her hands from it but a thorough scrub down in on the agenda for her for tomorrow. Ok, I'm off, I got started on her Christmas dress today too.  The skirt I'm using is longer than I remember, I make even be able to use a little to trim up the black wrap dress that I'm planning on making for myself for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment